As the leading university for social enterprise, we promote entrepreneurship in a wider context to support students, staff and the local community – by helping them to start and grow the right business solutions to meet their needs. The University’s Enterprise Boost provides a range of services including one-to-one business advice, mentoring, business skills training, access to funding opportunities and networking. A variety of business support initiatives have also been put in place, such as:
- Employer Engagement – We have a variety of ways in which we can work with your business to help you to achieve your goals.
- University of Northampton Business Support Team – a gateway to business support services available throughout the county. Available to all sizes and types of businesses, including social enterprises, our team provides information, advice, guidance and specialist support to established businesses and individuals, and organisations looking to set up a business.
- Inspire2Enterprise – which provides a wealth of services for new and existing social enterprises and entrepreneurs throughout the UK and Ireland.
In addition, the University has a variety of business and meeting spaces and conferencing facilities available through dedicated centres, including:
- Portfolio Innovation Centre – offering 46 studios and offices for emerging businesses in the design, digital and creative sector.
- iCon Environmental Innovation Centre – a beacon for environmental innovation in the UK and beyond, offering a high profile, supportive environment for companies at the forefront of the low carbon sector.
- The University of Northampton Innovation Centre – a café and conference space that offers the opportunity to grow a social enterprise in a supportive environment alongside similar businesses.
For more details please email Business.Support@northampton.ac.uk